VIKING RIVER CRUISES
Elegant. Stylish. Exceptionally comfortable. The world’s largest fleet of river cruise ships is also the most beautiful. And since Viking operates all the vessels in their fleet, there is no detail that goes unnoticed. On board, you are greeted with an abundance of space with room to relax, fresh air to breathe and all the comforts of a fine hotel that is designed to blend seamlessly with the spectacular panorama of ever-changing views.
Leading the way in innovative design are the Viking Longships, now sailing on Europe's great rivers! With patented designs for both stateroom configuration and the ship’s bow, these vessels have received acclaim for their cutting edge design, outstanding quality, and state-of-the-art engineering. In an unprecedented move, Cruise Critic editors recognized the entire Viking Longships fleet as the year's "Best River Cruise Ship." This marks the first time this award has been presented to an entire class of ship.
The Viking Experience
With more itineraries in more destinations worldwide, Viking offers behind-the-scenes insights and opportunities which set them apart from other travel companies. While they deliver the expected and iconic, such as visits to museums and landmarks, they also go beyond. On every itinerary, you can experience local life through such excursions as home-hosted visits or trips to local markets. They also offer the opportunity to see the working world of bakers and artisans, and the option for our guests to experience Privileged Access to museums, private collections and after-hours curated events.
Viking Inclusive Cruising
- DISCOVER YOUR DESTINATION: Daily shore excursions include must-see highlights and delightful surprises. These expertly guided tours bring you closer to the art, architecture, history and people of the land.
- GAIN GREATER INSIGHT: Watch a local German glassblower or learn about French Impressionism. The Culture Curriculum, an enriching onboard program, infuses every cruise and brings history to life.
- CAPTURE THE CULTURE: Accompany us on a shopping trip to the local market. Walk through the door of a centuries-old cathedral or visit a contemporary art museum. Meet local fine food and wine purveyors. Our tastings and demonstrations expand your mind and satisfy your senses.
- EXPLORE ASHORE: Have you yearned to visit the vaults of the famed Hermitage Museum? Attend a classical concert in Vienna? Enjoy a Tang Dynasty dinner show in Xian? Your Program Director can organize a variety of optional tours.
- PERSONALIZE: An appointment at the best spa in Prague or dinner at one of Lyon’s Michelin-star restaurants? Our onboard Viking Concierge is there to assist you with special requests.
With the world’s largest and best fleet of river cruise ships, more awards than any other river cruise line and choice in every aspect of your travels, Viking delivers remarkable value. Economies of ship design, ownership of vessels and high standards all lead to increased savings that are passed onto you. Viking manages every aspect of their business efficiently, including locking in air contracts and negotiating the best rates, thus providing you with a high-quality travel experience at a significant value.
- EXCEPTIONAL ACCOMMODATIONS: You receive exceptional accommodations aboard the newest, most deluxe river cruise fleet. Enjoy your choice of staterooms, including Suites, Junior Suites and staterooms with verandas and French balconies.
- ATTENTIVE SERVICE: Enjoy attentive service from their award-winning, English-speaking staff, plus the personalized assistance of your onboard Viking Concierge.
- ENLIGHTENING DAILY SHORE EXCURSIONS IN EVERY PORT: Your daily shore excursions are led by friendly, knowledgeable local guides utilizing a high-tech audio headset system so you never miss a word.
- ENGAGING CULTURAL ENRICHMENT: Your Viking itinerary includes informative talks, performances, hands-on cooking and craft demonstrations, and much more.
- ALL ONBOARD MEALS: Taste the exquisite cuisine created by their Swiss-trained chefs, featuring fresh ingredients and regional specialty options, and served in a variety of settings including the most al fresco dining available on the rivers.
- COMPLIMENTARY WINE, BEER & SOFT DRINKS: Refreshments are included with your onboard dinner and lunch service. Also enjoy bottled water and complimentary cappuccino, coffee and tea at the 24-hour beverage bar.
- COMPLIMENTARY INTERNET SERVICE: You receive complimentary Internet service in your room and throughout Viking's ships.
- IN-ROOM INFOTAINMENT SYSTEM: Your in-room infotainment system features movies on demand, plus CNBC, CNN, National Geographic and more.
- DELUXE HOTELS: Viking partners with deluxe hotels for overnight stays during pre- and post- packages and the land portions of your cruisetour itinerary.
- ALL-INCLUSIVE AIR: Viking’s all-inclusive air covers flights, taxes, fees and airport transfers. You can also save more with their competitively priced upgrades to Premium Economy or Business Class.