Paul Gauguin Cruises:
m/s Paul Gauguin
Designed specifically to glide through the shallow seas of the South Pacific, The Gauguin is the flagship of Paul Gauguin Cruises and a small-ship cruiser’s dream. She delivers travelers to intimate ports inaccessible to larger cruise ships, all the while providing an onboard experience that is nothing short of luxurious. Guests aboard this luxury cruise enjoy spacious suites and staterooms (more than 70% with private balconies), an onboard watersports marina, three dining venues, an extensive spa, and five-star service. Life onboard also reflects the beauty and rich cultural heritage of the islands she calls upon, with a warm, friendly feel, informal setting, and even a beloved troupe of Gaugines and Gauguins — local Tahitians who serve as cruise staff, entertainers, and storytellers.
- All oceanview accommodations, nearly 70% with balconies, measuring from 200 to 500 sq. ft., including balcony
- Butler service, in-suite bar setup, and iPod® music system in suite/stateroom category B and above
- A choice of three dining venues
- Complimentary 24-hour room service, including selections from L’Etoile restaurant during regular dining hours
- Complimentary beverages, including select wines and spirits, beer, soft drinks, bottled water, and hot beverages
- Shipboard gratuities for room stewards and dining staff
- Full entertainment program including Polynesian artists, musical entertainment, a pianist, and a professionally operated casino with slot machines
- Spa and beauty services, including hand and foot treatments, body treatments, facials, and spa programs
- Optional PADI SCUBA diving program and certification
- Watersports marina for complimentary kayaking, windsurfing, and paddleboarding, and Zodiacs® for optional dive excursions
- A day at Motu Mahana, Paul Gauguin Cruises’ exclusive retreat off the coast of Taha’a, featuring Polynesian hospitality, snorkeling, watersports, bar service, and a delicious feast
- Access to the luxury cruise line's exclusive, private beach located on a motu off the coast of Bora Bora, which offers an idyllic white-sand beach, excellent snorkeling, and bar service on French Polynesia itineraries
- Fully-equipped fitness center
- Presentations by local naturalists and a variety of special guests
- Spacious outdoor decks and pool
- La Boutique duty-free shop
- Book and DVD library (open 24 hours a day)
- Wi-Fi hot spots throughout the ship to cover most suites/staterooms and common areas, as well as guest-accessible computers, available 24 hours a day (for a nominal fee)
- Laundry and dry cleaning services available
- Certified medical services
- 166 suites/staterooms, including one wheelchair-accessible stateroom and select staterooms that can accommodate three guests
Dine al fresco or enjoy wraparound ocean views from the dining room of La Veranda, where you'll find an ever-changing selection of buffet breakfast and lunch items and a la carte options, many of which are inspired by the destinations you'll visit. In the evening, La Veranda is transformed to a reservation-only dining venue serving Jean-Pierre Vigato's gourmet cuisine.
When your day calls for a more casual dining experience, visit Le Grill, located by the pool and offering a buffet breakfast, grilled lunch favorites, salads, and fresh tropical fruit. In the afternoon, stop by for tea with finger sandwiches, fresh fruit, desserts, pastries, and petit fours. Return in the evening to sample Polynesian specialties in a relaxed atmosphere. Reservations are required for dinner.
The exquisite main dining room is dressed to impress with perfectly appointed décor, fine table linens, and delicate china. Come for dinner every evening and sample a tantalizing array of expertly prepared dishes, perfectly paired with complimentary wines.
Pool & Pool Bar
Soak in the South Pacific sunshine with a day spent lounging by the outdoor pool. Cool off in the refreshing water, grab a cocktail from the adjacent Pool Bar, or take in the scenery from a comfortable lounge chair.
Try your luck in Le Casino, which features slot machines, blackjack, and roulette, and is open every evening ( except where prohibited by port regulations).
Grab a drink at the Piano Bar and enjoy nightly piano entertainment.
This versatile lounge offers morning snacks, serves as the backdrop for special events, hosts Polynesian activities led by Les Gauguines, and is the perfect place to grab a nightcap and dance under the stars to live music.
Le Grand Salon
When the sun goes down at sea, Le Grand Salon comes alive with spectacular performances. Every night brings something different, whether it's an ote'a, live piano music, Broadway show tunes, or foot-tapping rock music. Return to the main lounge during the day for a game of table tennis, or a lecture from a roster of anthropologists, archeologists, and marine biologists, as well as visiting experts on other popular topics.
Deep Nature Spa by Algotherm
With its unrivaled approach to beauty and rejuvenation, the onboard spa combines the art of gentle pampering with services that are uniquely tailored to the needs and wishes of each individual. The spa offers an extensive range of services, enveloped in an atmosphere that is both tranquil and luxurious.
The convenient fitness center is outfitted with the latest fitness equipment, including Lifecycles, treadmills, stair climbers, and weight machines. Other onboard fitness opportunities include a morning mile-long walk around the outdoor decks, and a sunrise Polynesian-inspired Zumba class.
Les Gauguins & Les Gauguines
On every voyage of The Gauguin, you'll be accompanied by their own troupe of Tahitian hosts and entertainers that bring the spirit of Polynesia to life. Enjoy a retelling of ancestral legends through dance, delight in traditional songs onboard and on the private motu, and learn local handicrafts during hands-on demonstrations. Couples celebrating a honeymoon or anniversary can even attend a Polynesian blessing ceremony.
The crew members onboard are certainly expert at providing first-class service, but they also boast many other talents that they are proud to showcase in the crew show. Every voyage offers something different, but you're always guaranteed a night of amazing entertainment, much of which showcases the unique cultures of the crew members' home countries.
In addition to Les Gauguins & Les Gauguines, local performers are invited onboard every voyage. Don't miss an evening spent with local group Mamas & Papas, whose dynamic performance of Polynesian dance and singing is a perennial guest favorite.
Just steps from your stateroom, find the perfect memento of your South Pacific cruise, like genuine Tahitian black pearl jewelry exclusively designed for Paul Gauguin Cruises. Tahitian vanilla, local arts and handicrafts, souvenir apparel, and more. It's also the perfect place to pick up any necessary sundries or toiletries, like swimwear, beach attire, sunscreen, and batteries.
Ensure that your vacation memories last a lifetime with services from Paul Gauguin Cruises’ Photo Shop. A dedicated photographer is onboard throughout the cruise, giving you the opportunity to take home professional photos of significant events, like embarkation, the Captain’s Welcome Reception, and Tahitian Night. Family portraits and casual photo-ops are also available. The Photo Shop is also stocked with everything you need to take your own photos, including single-use cameras, digital cameras, photo accessories, and media cards.
The specially designed watersports platform turns the ship into your headquarters for all kinds of adventures on the water. It’s as easy as descending to sea level and hopping aboard a windsurfer or paddleboard or launching a kayak. Watersports equipment is also available when you call upon Paul Gauguin Cruises' private beaches. Plus, if you plan on snorkeling in multiple ports, you’re welcome to check out snorkeling gear from the marina for the duration of your cruise.
The watersports marina is available in select ports and subject to weather conditions and local restrictions. Swimming from the watersports marina is prohibited.?
SCUBA Diving Excursions
If you've always wanted to try SCUBA diving, your cruise on The Gauguin is the perfect opportunity. The onboard marina offers diving excursions for all experience levels, and they are the only luxury ship in French Polynesia to offer PADI certification classes for novice divers.
The opportunities to create cherished family memories together are boundless with the Stewards of Nature Family Program. Available on select sailings, this flexible program lets parents and children alike pick and choose from a suite of onboard activities and daily excursions that reveal the natural wonders and rich culture of Polynesia by land and sea.