Silversea Announces Savings For Solo Travelers
Silversea introduces zero single supplement fares on 14 voyages. For new bookings made between February 14 and 28, 2019, guests traveling solo will incur no fare supplement on select sailings to Central and South America, the Caribbean, the Far East, Australia, and other destinations.
Silver Spirit docked in the port of Sete, France on April 27, 2016. Photo © 2016 Aaron Saunders
A sample of the voyages includes:
- Malaysia and Myanmar – Silver Shadow departs March 21, 2019, on a 12-day, round-trip cruise from Singapore. The itinerary encompasses three nights in Yangon; a visit to Kuala Lumpur, home to the world’s tallest twin buildings; four days spent cruising the Andaman Sea; a day spent in Thailand's Phuket; and the sights, legends, and folklore of Langkawi. Solo traveler fares start from $5,400 per person. Plus, for this sailing, free economy round-trip air, or business-class air upgrade for $2,499 each way, is available for flights from select U.S. and Canadian gateways, as well as free one-night pre- and post-voyage hotel stays; free transfers between airport, hotel and ship; and free select shore excursions.
- Eastern Caribbean – Sailing March 22, 2019, from Barbados to Fort Lauderdale, Silver Spirit will spend 11 days unlocking the cultures of a string of Caribbean gems: Mayreau Island, St. Lucia, Martinique, Antigua, St. Maarten, St. Barts, and Puerto Rico. Guests will have the option to sail along Martinique’s coast in a catamaran, visit St. Lucia’s Anse Cochon marine reserve, discover St. Maarten, and more. Solo traveler fares start from $4,800. Plus, for this sailing, free economy round-trip air is available for flights from select U.S. and Canadian gateways, including free transfers between airport and ship.
- Australia’s Kimberley Coast – On April 25, 2019, Silver Discoverer departs Darwin for Broome on a 10-day expedition along Australia’s remote northwest Kimberley Coast. The itinerary incorporates Wyndham; the regions of the King George River, Hunter River, and Buccaneer Archipelago; as well as Saumlaki on the Indonesian island of Yamdena. On this adventure, guests will have the chance to witness Aboriginal rock art; view the strange beehive formations of the Bungle Bungles; meet indigenous peoples; and spot such wildlife as wallabies, crocodiles, dolphins, and more. Solo traveler fares start from $6,400 per person.
- Japan – Silver Explorer will host an 11-day expedition cruise from Busan to Kobe, departing May 21, 2019. Destinations include Niigata, Sado Island, Kanazawa, Sakaiminato, Hagi, Kyushu Island, Moji, Miyajima Island, Hiroshima, and Okayama. Highlights include the Itsukushima Shrine and Torii Gate, which at high tide seem to float; national parks; and three of Japan’s must-see gardens. Solo traveler fares start from $6,400 per person. Plus, for this sailing, free economy round-trip air, or reduced business-class air, is available for flights from select U.S. and Canadian gateways, including a free one-night hotel stay and free transfers between airport, hotel, and ship.
- South America – This Guayaquil-to-Valparaiso expedition aboard Silver Explorer departs November 9, 2019, and spends 14 days exploring the west coast of South America. Calls in Peru’s Lobos de Tierra Island, Salaverry, Isla Guañape, Lima, Paracas, and Matarani are complemented by visits to Chile’s Antofagasta, Isla Pan de Azúcar, Isla Chañaral, and Coquimbo. Guests will visit such places as the Atacama Desert; UNESCO World Heritage sites; and have the chance to witness scenery and possibly spot penguins, fur seals, dolphins, and more. Solo traveler fares start from $6,930 per person with Early Booking Bonus. Plus, for this sailing, free economy round-trip air, or reduced business-class air, is available for flights from select U.S. and Canadian gateways, including a free one-night hotel stay and free transfers between airport, hotel, and ship.
Additional Combinable Savings
For a limited time, the 14 voyages in the promotion also feature a combinable Bonus Savings Days offer, providing up to an additional $250 in savings for solo travelers. Plus, with the exception of the South America cruise, the Last-Minute Savings offer is available on the above-listed voyages, providing a one-category suite upgrade and an onboard spending credit of $1,000 per suite. Furthermore, there are additional voyages with reduced single supplements available.
The post Silversea Announces Savings For Solo Travelers appeared first on Avid Cruiser.
Article ID: ART4209