Crystal Announces 2019 World Cruise Excursions
Thrills for outdoor enthusiasts, foodies, aspiring nature photographers, history buffs, and fitness fanatics are all featured for Crystal Cruises' 2019 World Cruise. The 85-day "Grand Continental Odysseys" voyage aboard Crystal Serenity embarks from Los Angeles on January 13, 2019, on a journey through the islands of Hawaii, Fiji, and the South Pacific; coasts of Australia and New Zealand; savannah and mountains of Africa; and historical sites of the Mediterranean.
Crystal Serenity. Courtesy of Crystal Cruises
Crystal Cruises' World Cruise guests can tailor their shoreside discoveries to their own interests and preferences, or venture far outside of their comfort zones during new pursuits. Private cars and drivers are available in nearly every port for fully customized exploration.
A sampling of the hundreds of 2019 World Cruise Crystal Adventures includes:
- Kayaking in Namibia's Pelican Point from Walvis Bay, where Cape fur seals, flamingoes, cormorants, and other wildlife congregate around the shores;
- Running a 14k along Auckland's iconic "Around the Bays" race route, through the city's sites, beaches, cafes, and canopies of Pohutukawa trees, with stops at lookout points and monuments;
- Cage diving with Great White Sharks off the coast of Cape Town, where guests can submerge themselves into the water for close-up encounters, or observe the action from the boat above;
- Hiking and climbing the Las Palomas Volcanic Tube in Santa Cruz de la Palma, Spain, essentially a cave that delves deep into the earth, featuring wildlife and geology in the darkness;
- Rainforest hiking in Maui, highlighting the waterfalls and vegetation for which the Hawaiian Islands are famous.
Wild New Friends
- Visiting South Africa's big cats and crocodiles, a two-part excursion from Richards Bay, where guests will visit the Emdoneni Cat Rehabilitation center for orphaned wildcats, as well as the Zulu Croc Farm, and learn about conservation and care;
- Observing the wild horses of the Namib Desert, where they roam more than 135 square miles and have captivated locals since the 19th century, when it is believed they arrived from Europe;
- Greeting koalas, kangaroos, emus, wombat, dingoes, and more in Sydney's Featherdale Wildlife Park;
- Tracking the "Big 5" on safaris through South African savannah, offering several VIP experiences at private game reserves and opportunities to track hippo, giraffes, lions, elephants, and other wild residents of the plains.
- A new Gorilla Tracking program through Uganda's Bwindi Impenetrable Forest National Park takes guests on a quest in search of the resident gorilla families, guided by conservationist experts. The adventures include accommodations at lodges and traditional dining experiences, in addition to guided game drives with local experts.
Delicious Days Ashore
- Discovering Western Australia's foodie culture with a visit to Cape Naturaliste Vineyard, where guest will meet the vineyard owner and taste fine wines; then sample chocolates at Gabriel Chocolate Factory; and duck behind the scenes at Cowaramup Brewery for a brewer-guided tour, followed by lunch and beer tastings;
- Tasting local oysters and wines in Hobart, Tasmania, with visits to the facilities at Barilla Oyster Farm and Meadowbank Estate for informative and indulgent insights;
- Sipping coffee with chocolate Honolulu, with visits to a local family-owned farm, mill, and coffee and cocoa plantation, as well as a chocolate factory for a glimpse into the process of creating Hawaiian chocolate;
- Exploring Nice, the birthplace of French wines on an excursion from Monte Carlo that takes guests through Villefranche, Cap Ferrat and Beaulieu en route to the market in Old Town Nice and onward for a wine and cheese pairing;
- Indulging in a full day of gourmet delights along South Africa's Western Cape, with visits to a wine estate, a cellar tour with a wine and olive tasting, a lunch at a world-class restaurant paired with wines from a neighboring winery, and a cheese and wine pairing session.
Exclusive rounds of golf in Honolulu, Monte Carlo, Waitangi, and American Samoa, as well as numerous aerial excursions via helicopter, round out the selection of Crystal Adventures for Crystal Serenity's 2019 World Cruise. Guests can pre-reserve excursions online through Crystal's Priority Check-in & Planning Center and are available for booking now.
While the full 2019 World Cruise is sold out, available segments can be booked.
The post Crystal Announces 2019 World Cruise Excursions appeared first on Avid Cruiser.
Article ID: ART4069