Silversea Unveils 2019 and 2020 Itineraries
Silversea has unveiled its classic fleet’s winter 2019/2020 itineraries, which comprise 89 voyages to Australasia, Asia, South America, the Caribbean and more.
Silversea’s Silver Spirit, docked off Sanary-sur-Mer, France. Photo © 2016 Aaron Saunders
Building on Silversea's previously announced expedition itineraries for the same period, the new itineraries bring the total number of visited destinations to approximately 900 for 2019/2020.
The winter 2019/2020 itineraries include a full program in Australia and New Zealand, a circumnavigation of South America, and increased capacity in Asia, among other highlights. Ten inaugural calls will be made in places such as Fiji’s volcanic Dravuni Island, the forested Cayman Brac in the Cayman Islands, and the city of Timaru in New Zealand, with its lovely botanical gardens and bluestone buildings.
“We are excited to unveil our new range of culturally enriching, port-intensive winter itineraries for 2019/2020,” comments Roberto Martinoli, Silversea’s CEO. “Aboard our fleet of spacious yet intimate ships, we continue to unlock a wealth of authentic experiences for our guests across the world, from the most cherished cities in each region to new far-flung destinations. Our characteristic 6-star hospitality, uncompromising service, and exquisite cuisine will enrich the onboard experience for our guests.”
Highlights of Silversea’s winter 2019/2020 itineraries include:
- The World Cruise 2020: Departing Fort Lauderdale for Amsterdam on January 6, Silver Whisper will become the first ship to visit all seven continents on a world cruise. The 140-day World Cruise 2020 will encompass 32 countries and 62 ports. Heading south, Silver Whisper will sail through the Caribbean to the east coast cities of South America to reach the Antarctic Peninsula. After heading north to Valparaiso, a westward course will take her to Easter Island, South Pacific isles, and Australia. Next, guests will explore Asian, including Bali, Sri Lanka, and Mumbai, before continuing to the ports of the Mediterranean and Northern Europe.
- Australia and New Zealand: Silver Muse will spend more than four months in Australia and New Zealand, marking her longest season in the region to date. From Australia's Great Barrier Reef to New Zealand's fjords, the region's natural wonders will be unlocked through a series of mostly 14-day immersive voyages, departing from Sydney or Auckland. Sample itineraries include:
- On December 6, Silver Muse departs Sydney for Auckland on a 14-day journey, visiting Melbourne, Tasmania, Port Chalmers (Dunedin), Lyttelton (Christchurch), Picton and Tauranga. Highlights include sailing the Milford, Doubtful and Dusky Sounds in UNESCO-listed Fiordland National Park.
- On January 3, Silver Muse sails roundtrip from Sydney on a 13-day voyage to the idyllic South Pacific islands. Visits to New Caledonia, Fiji, and Vanuatu.
- South America: On January 24, Silver Shadow departs Fort Lauderdale on a 63-day full circumnavigation of South America. Highlights include a crossing of the Panama Canal, an overnight visit to Guayaquil, cruising Chile’s fjords, an overnight stop in Rio de Janeiro, plus two-night stays in Buenos Aires and Callao—the gateway to Machu Picchu. This continent may also be explored on four shorter segments, with departures from Fort Lauderdale, Callao, Buenos Aires, and Rio de Janeiro.
- Myanmar: Departing November 19 and February 29, a duet of Silver Spirit voyages incorporate multi-day stopovers in Myanmar, where guests can explore this beguiling country’s famous golden pagodas and ancient temples in depth. The voyages depart from Mumbai or Singapore with overnight stays in Sri Lanka included, among a host of visits to other destinations in the Indian Ocean.
- Asia: From the Land of the Rising Sun to the Great Wall of China and Vietnam’s surreal Ha Long Bay, the highlights of the voyages undertaken by Silver Spirit and Silver Muse will enable guests to discover the cultural and natural attractions of the Far East. Sample itineraries include:
- On October 21, Silver Muse spends 14 days soaking up the cultures and cities of China and Japan on a journey bookended by Tokyo and Hong Kong. The voyage includes an inaugural call in Hososhima and overnight stays in Osaka, Beijing, and Shanghai.
- On December 7, Silver Spirit showcases Southeast Asia on a 14-day sailing from Singapore to Hong Kong. Visits to Ko Samui, Chan May (the gateway to Da Nang and imperial Hu?), and Ha Long Bay are complemented by an overnight stay in Bangkok and a multi-day stopover in Ho Chi Minh City.
- Caribbean: Nearly two dozen voyages aboard Silver Wind, Silver Shadow and Silver Whisper spotlight the wonders of the Caribbean, from the rainforests of St. Lucia and the Spanish-tiled courtyards of San Juan to the cafés of St. Barts. Sample itineraries include:
- On November 22, Silver Whisper departs roundtrip from Fort Lauderdale to spend 14 days visiting ports like Tortola, St. Barts, Les Saintes, Barbados, Dominica, Antigua, San Juan, and Key West. An overnight stay in St. Maarten will enable guests to travel deeper in this special destination.
- On January 16, Silver Wind sails from San Juan to Barbados on an 11-day voyage to La Romana, Curaçao, Bonaire, Grenada, Dominica, St. Lucia, and Bequia, with an inaugural visit to Port of Spain along the way.
The post Silversea Unveils 2019 and 2020 Itineraries appeared first on Avid Cruiser.
Article ID: ART3858