Silversea Introduces New Couture Collection for 2018
Silversea Cruises is introducing a new 2018 Couture Collection, an exclusive series of custom-designed ocean and land adventures. The inaugural 2018 Couture Collection is an inspired portfolio of nine pre- and post-cruise land programs of five to 11 days, offering authentic and immersive travel experiences in the most remote and untouched regions of the Earth.
Photo courtesy of Silversea
“Our guests are seasoned luxury travelers looking to discover the least accessible corners of our planet, where nature can still astound with its untouched beauty,” said Manfredi Lefebvre d’Ovidio, Silversea's Executive Chairman. “The Couture Collection reveals the most exotic places, cultures and people on carefully curated journeys that feature all the extraordinary touches of comfort and luxury for which Silversea is renowned.”
Silversea's own experience architects, drawing on expertise and global knowledge, have custom-crafted each element of the 2018 Couture Collection. Silversea's experts designed the inaugural collection with inspiration from Silversea guests; a survey of North American travelers, 87 percent of whom are from the United States, explored guests' "dream destinations" and most sought-after cultural experiences.
The pre- and post-cruise Couture Collection includes exclusive amenities ranging from private helicopter service in Mongolia to vintage rail in India and Gulfstream jets in and out of Antarctica. Prices average $34,000 per guest for each five- to eleven-day adventure, with the 11-day South Pole itinerary leading the collection starting at $78,000 per guest.
The Couture Collection programs are limited to small groups and include most meals, beverages and exclusive culinary events. Guests enjoy inclusive luxury accommodations at renowned boutique hotels, lodges and private tents specifically built for these experiences. Each bespoke adventure is fully escorted. Each program provides a perfect extension to select Silversea cruises, creating a luxury travel experience.
Following is a snapshot of the all-new Couture Collection programs:
Share This Post With Friends
- Rwanda & Serengeti: Walking in the Footsteps of Giants — Come face-to-face with the power and beauty that is Africa. Explore the lush rain forests of Rwanda’s Volcanoes National Park while looking for the majestic mountain gorilla in an exclusive 2 day trekking experience. Go on a game drive seeking the Big Five from a custom 4×4 in Tanzania’s Serengeti National Park, a UNESCO World Heritage Site best known for its annual migration of wildebeest, gazelles and zebras. Eight days from $19,959; departures on Nov. 20 or 27; combinable with Silver Discoverer expeditions departing on Nov. 16 or 27.
- White Desert & South Pole: Standing on the Bottom of the Earth — No place on Earth can compare to the vast white desert of Antarctica. Explore ice caves and tunnels. Climb a glacial island. Photograph a colony of emperor penguins at Atka Bay. Follow in the footsteps of Roald Amundsen and Robert Scott and be among the few who have reached the South Pole. Enjoy the comforts and luxury of a stay at Whichaway Camp. Fly in and out of Antarctica on a Gulfstream business jet. Eleven Days from $78,000; departure on Jan. 2; combinable with Silver Spirit’s Dec. 18, 2017 voyage.
- Namibia & Rovos Rail — Experience the awe-inspiring beauty of the Namibia Desert at the award-winning Little Kulala Camp in the Kulala Wilderness Reserve. Go flight seeing over the Skeleton Coast. Marvel at Sesriem Canyon. Float above desert landscapes in a hot-air balloon. From Pretoria to Cape Town, journey in luxury aboard the iconic Rovos Rail, known as The Most Luxurious Train in the World. Savor the South African scenery from a carefully restored carriage that evokes the charms of a bygone era. Six days from $11,299; departures on Jan. 8 or Mar. 14; combinable with cruises on Silver Spirit (Jan. 15) or Silver Cloud (Mar. 21).
- India: In the Path of Powerful Titans — Enjoy private flights throughout India. Track tigers in Ranthambore wildlife reserve. Journey by vintage rail to the magnificent Umaid Bhawan Palace in Jodhpur, where dinner includes views of Mehrangarh, a centuries-old fort. Witness the charms of the ancient city of Jaisalmer from the comfort of The Serai luxury camp. Explore desert dunes on a jeep or camel safari, then sample delicacies at an elegant bush dinner. Six days from $32,799; departure on Oct. 23; combinable with Silver Muse’s Oct. 8 cruise.
- Australia: Exploring the Unforgiving and Unforgettable Outback — Enjoy private air travel to and from Darwin to experience an authentic outback adventure at the Bullo River Station, a cattle ranch tucked in the northwest corner of Australia’s Northern Territory. Explore Aboriginal rock art galleries. Cruise up the Bullo River Gorge. Discover the landscape of the Bungle Bungle Range. Swim in the jade-green natural rock pools of the Cascades. Five days from $19,919; departures on Jul. 23 or 29; combinable with Silver Discoverer expeditions departing on Jul. 19 or 29.
- Iceland: Revealing the Legends of Fire and Ice — From thermal springs to glaciers, Iceland is a land of contrasts. Enjoy private helicopter travel to explore its most amazing wonders. Sip a champagne toast at the famous Godafoss Waterfall. During at stay at Deplar, a sheep farm turned luxury lodge, go kayaking, mountain biking, whale watching and more. Visit the bird-watching wonderland of Drangey Island. Lunch atop a glacier-capped volcano. Enter a man-made ice tunnel at Langjokull Glacier. Five days from $45,199; departures on Aug. 2 or 8; combinable with Silver Cloud expeditions departing on Jul. 27 or Aug. 8.
- Tibet: Standing on the Rooftop of the World — Discover some of the most isolated places on Earth. Observe morning prayers at a Buddhist nunnery. Visit Jokhang Temple, considered the holiest temple in Tibetan Buddhism. Witness a debate among monks at Sera Monastery. Unwind with a meditation class led by a monk. Picnic amid the stunning beauty of Yamdrok Yumtso Lake. Stroll through Norbulingka, the former summer palace of the Dalai Lama. See the gilded statue of Maitreya Buddha at Tashilhunpo Monastery. Five days from $12,499; departures on Oct. 7 or 14; combinable with a Silver Shadow cruise departing Sep. 28 or Oct. 14.
- Mongolia: Echoes of Genghis Khan — Visit with one of the last remaining groups of reindeer herders, the Tsaatan community of Northern Mongolia. Marvel at Lake Khuvsgul. Learn about the culture of the Kazakh people and witness their ancient tradition of hunting with golden eagles. At the Naadam Festival (Three Games of Men), observe an ancient spectacle of horse racing, archery and wrestling, valued as sports of strength, wisdom and courage. Six or seven days from $29,199; departures on May 2 or 10; combinable with a Silver Shadow cruise departing Apr. 25 or May 10.
- Bolivia: A Short Walk onto Another Universe — Stay at the bottom of ice-capped Sajama, Bolivia’s highest peak. Explore volcanoes, hot springs and 3,000-year-old plants. Visit Salar de Uyuni, the world’s largest salt flat, and stay in a luxury camp of geodesic dome tents. Discover the small village of Tahua, at the foot of the Tunupa Volcano, then hike to the cave of the Coquesa mummies and learn about their history. Relish vistas on a drive through Los Flamencos nature reserve before indulging in the luxuries of the Alto Atacama Desert Lodge and Spa. Eight or ten days from $24,499; departures on Oct. 17 or 26; combinable with Silver Cloud expeditions departing on Oct. 15 or 26.
The post Silversea Introduces New Couture Collection for 2018 appeared first on Avid Cruiser.
Article ID: ART3662